Macau






A day trip to Macau was all I had to spend my Saturday in Hong Kong. Making my way from Kowloon, Hong Kong to Macau via Cotai Water Jet ferry cost me HKD $390 for a round trip with no time limitation. The journey takes around one hour or so. Being in a closed environment with no fresh air, I was bound to be seasick, especially with the air conditioning system. It was definitely not a good idea to be out on the deck during this winter season. I slept my way through the journey crossing the ocean heading towards Macau.




Upon arriving at the Macau ferry terminal, we docked off at Outer Harbour Ferry terminal. Immigration check took us less than 10 minutes and off we go to explore the city of Macau. I went ahead to the information counter and grab myself a map. Being a typical tourist trying to save money, I hopped onto one of the many buses that were heading to the city. It was actually one of the Hotel's shuttle buses that goes into the city. I landed myself in the Diamond Lobby. Being excited about the extravagant of the environment, I did some exploration inside. To my surprise, I was in for a treat when they had the water fountain showcasing a huge diamond as the main attraction of the show. Of course, it was a fake diamond.



I then made my way by taxi to Senado Square where I explored around by foot. It was super crowded with visitors from all over the place. I felt like the whole universe was in Senado Square. Oh well, before I move on to my exploration, lunch was on the menu. St Paul's ruin is up next! Again, with the crowd flooding the place.



I continue by Bus to A-Ma Temple for HKD $5 to see what the hype was all about. It was a peaceful and full of tranquility being there. Seating under the tree and just be one with the environment. What a way to refresh myself from the crowded place earlier.



Another bus ride brought me to Guia Hill where you can opt to take on the short and small cable car ride up the small hill. I choose to hike up as I feel better moving my body for some short walk. It was an easy and short 10-15 minutes walk up the hill where you will arrive the top. It is a typical neighborhood park with locals spending quality time with friends and family in the evening.




Walking further ahead brought me to a Guia Hill Military Tunnel and next to it is Chapel of Our Lady of Guia with Guia Lighthouse. Felt historical at this place as there was a ceremony being held. I have posted the video on Instagram if you wish to have a look at it. Love this park and this place so much. More than the touristic areas I have been earlier.



After a whole day out, I made my way back to the ferry terminal and ride on the Cotai Jet back to Hong Kong. A day trip worth spending going to Macau. 

Comments

Popular Posts